Monday, April 20, 2009

Departed

I will only make one mention of this as its still too fresh and painful. My father passed away two weeks ago and the means to his passing is something that will take me years, if ever, to accept, forgive, and move on. I miss him so much. Though not word for word as I lost it for the time being, here was my eulogy that, from what others have told me, was incredibly touching (morbid, whatev, I loved it):

"I did not think I would be doing this so soon. My dad was an amazing, selfless soul. He filled my life with amazing childhood memories. He always made sure there were no monsters under the bed, made sure I had the best birthday parties, and the coolest new toys. He rode Peter Pan till exhaustion and threatened bodily harm to every boy I brought home. He had the same enthusiasm and encouragement for all my life endeavors, from orthodontist, to killer whale trainer, to Special Agent. He always told me how proud he was of me. But I don't think he knows how proud of everything he sacrificed for me. Forever and always I will be his baby, and he will always be my hero."

RIP Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment